Thursday, March 11, 2010

What brand of paint should I use when painting the inside of my house?

I will be painting over a light yellow. Recommendations on what paint to use?What brand of paint should I use when painting the inside of my house?
although its more expensive, ive had the best results with both benjamin moore and ralph lauren.What brand of paint should I use when painting the inside of my house?
Behr, flat latex. I'm assuming this is not a kitchen or bath that could have been painted with enamel if it's an older home.





I agree that Benjamin Moore is good (decorators like it), but the stores are hard to find. You can get Behr at Home Depot and it's pretty reasonable.
Go to a dedicated paint store. Home centers are great, but it is a pot shot to find someone that really knows about the products they sell. Paint stores tend to be a bit more expensive, but if you figure you spend $25 a gallon that works out to be about 6.25 cents a square foot. Reguardless of the color you are covering, you should be able to cover it with 2 thin coats of a good product. (assuming you are staying away from dark colors to topcoat it) Lighter colored paints are higher in Titanium dioxide and hence have better coverage. TiO2 is a white pigment, really hard to make dark colors out of white pigments! I worked for Benny Moore, Sherwin Williams, PPG, MAB, and a few others. Almost all companies have some really good products and they all have some crap. A dedicated paint store is a great place to start.
behr paint is what i would recommend but whatever paint says LIFETIME WARRANTY
Benjamin Moore is very good quality paint.
Behr was really good and I got it on sale at Home Depot.
I will be using Behr. Consumer reports recomend Kilz color and behr. I don't feel ok about a wal mart kid mixing my paint so i will go to home depot to get mine done
Behr is good about 20 bucks a gallon.
I like Behr and its from Home Depot

No comments:

Post a Comment