Thursday, March 11, 2010

What type of paint should I use to paint wine glasses?

I want to paint some designs on some plain clear wine glasses and was wondering what type of paint I should use. Is there a specific type that wouldn't wash off when washing the glasses?What type of paint should I use to paint wine glasses?
You can buy paint specifically for glass. Sold at craft stores. After painting, a glaze must be applied, also available at the craft store. After glazing, the paint will never wash off.What type of paint should I use to paint wine glasses?
I would not do this at all. There are major issues with paint adhesion to glass and you will need a specialty coating to resolve this matter. The specialty coatings are chemically reactive and not for use by the general public. These specialty coatings form a permanent bond with the silica which is what is needed.
Tole paint (acrylic paint)

No comments:

Post a Comment