Saturday, March 13, 2010

How should I repair paint cracks between the moldings and my cieling before I paint?

I am painting my room and there are moldings that have visible cracks between them and the cieling. I would like to repair the cracks because I believe that just painting over them will not solve the problem and it will continue to crack. How should I repair these cracks in the paint, where the moldings and cieling meet?How should I repair paint cracks between the moldings and my cieling before I paint?
Are you sure that the paint is cracking? It sounds like it could be caulking between the wall and molding. If that is the case you can just re-caulk.How should I repair paint cracks between the moldings and my cieling before I paint?
In an old apartment i had the landlord said he'd give me paint and materials if I'd paint. He told me to stuff tin foil in there and cover with the wall filler. Worked fine.
I use automotive body filler for stuff like that. ';Bondo'; It's sandable and will cure quickly.
scrape the paint that will come off than repaint
Use caulk, that is what it's made for.

No comments:

Post a Comment