Saturday, March 13, 2010

What causes oystershell white paint to turn gray when I paint my living room walls?

It is Sherman Williams paint,34.00 a gallion,I paid for it!What causes oystershell white paint to turn gray when I paint my living room walls?
could be a number of things not stirring the paint, using a dirty or wet brush/roller ,paint reacting with the paint on the wall either chemically or the old paint bleeding through, or just a bad batch of paint it happens. what type of surface are you painting on?


is it already painted or newly plastered have you just stripped wall paper is it drywallWhat causes oystershell white paint to turn gray when I paint my living room walls?
the paint that is under could be making a chemical reaction or you might not be stiring the paint right.
It is probably from the previous wall color showing through. Did you use a primer before you started painting? I find that Kilz is an excellent primer. It sounds like extra work, but it is worth it in the end.
probly the lighting in ur living room. . . and the color on the swab thing is always going to be different than wht comes out on the walls

No comments:

Post a Comment