Thursday, March 11, 2010

What type of paint should I use to paint my wall for home theater?

It's in my basement so no light gets through. It's an HD projector and will be used for movies mostly blu rays. Im painting the wall white but should I use flat paint semi gloss paint or what?What type of paint should I use to paint my wall for home theater?
Use flat as so there will be no glare/distortion from the projectorWhat type of paint should I use to paint my wall for home theater?
There are paints that are made for this and sold on ebay. Believe it or not, white of any kids is not the best. a flat light silver or gray would be better. The paints sold on ebay are designed for this and you may want to invest in the paint rather than guessing and not being happy with the paint, especially if you are using and HD projector that has 1080p Native resolution.. (Not all HD projectors are 1080p native, even though they can project at 1080p)
Darker colors work best to prevent reflection back to the projector, In my own room my screen wall is black, with the remaining three walls a deep burgundy color with gold trim. I would avoid a white HT at all costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment