Saturday, March 13, 2010

How do I remove paint from solid oak finished baseboards besides the big mess of using paint stripper?

The baseboards have been taken off the walls. The only reason I don't want to mess with paint stripper, is the former owners of the house also painted the door jambs and I don't want to have to replace those, or refinish them while they are still in place. The trim work has/had a nice coat of polyurethane on it, but stripper takes off the paint and poly. Any help or old wives tales will be accepted.How do I remove paint from solid oak finished baseboards besides the big mess of using paint stripper?
Try a heat gun, thats what I used to strip all the woodwork in my 120 year old house.How do I remove paint from solid oak finished baseboards besides the big mess of using paint stripper?
Use goof-off. It smells bad so open some windows but I just did the same thing a few weeks ago and it takes it off immediately.
well it depends on the paint if its oil based paint try mineral spirits or paint thinner if its water based paint try a product called KRUD KUTTER its at home depot or lowes
steel wool, then top coat with urethane or sand sealer if that is what finsih you have

No comments:

Post a Comment