Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Can i just paint chalkboard paint straight onto my wall without a primer?

I`m planning on painting my wall with Rustoleum Specialty Chalkboard Paint - Black but i`m not sure if i need to do something before or after.Can i just paint chalkboard paint straight onto my wall without a primer?
i'd use a good acrylic bonding primer first. help it stick better.Can i just paint chalkboard paint straight onto my wall without a primer?
Yes,captsnuf is right. You could but it will last longer %26amp; look better if you put a primer. You don't need anything after.
A primer would be great like what captsnuf said, a while ago i painted my room in blackboard paint, not too sure what the manufactuer was called, but I was so impatient i just didn't bother with primers... it still looks great, i don't think there would be a huge difference with or without so it's really up to you :) if you're patient go for it! but it's not really necessary.





The only thing you need to do afterwards is let it dry :P





Be sure to sand down any wall with bad plastering etc too, good luck!
  • face mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment