Thursday, March 11, 2010

How can I paint the frame of a screen door without getting paint ont he screen?

I can tape the screen, but I know some paint will seep onto it and look bad (painting the frame white).How can I paint the frame of a screen door without getting paint ont he screen?
I would suggest removing the screen before you paint. Then if you want a new screen, you can just go to Canadian Tire or any hardware store and buy some screen that you like.





If you like the current screen, then just carfully remove it, paint, and then put the screen back in when the paint is dry. You would need to use a special tool, almost like a pizza-cutter, but with a groove in the middle. They aren't very expencive. Maybe 5-10 dollars.How can I paint the frame of a screen door without getting paint ont he screen?
Tape, of course, but try doing a very thin first coat, paint the rest of the frame and put a second thin coat of paint on near the screen. The paint is seeping because there's too much of it.
if you have cardboard, you can cut out a piece for the screen, than paint the rest wich space is open

No comments:

Post a Comment