Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How do i go about painting a design on my crappy old car? What type of paint could I use?

My car is going to die before I ever sell it, and I'm an art student, so I figured it would be fun to stencil a design on my hood. I'm not going to paint the whole car, just a small portion. Could I use spray paint meant for metal you get at home depot? Or would that instantly peel and chip? I know this has to be possible.How do i go about painting a design on my crappy old car? What type of paint could I use?
Go see what left-over paints you can get from the car painting body shop.How do i go about painting a design on my crappy old car? What type of paint could I use?
well depending on what kind of art you study and how you learned would be a good way to start. to decide what kind of paint you want to use go to a hardware store and just tell them your story they will probably help you out
Well, any enamel will stick (Krylon, Rustoleum, etc.), but you need to at least scuff up the old paint first. You are an art student, get creative! Decopauge, stripe it, or something. I remember a carpet dealer who glued carpet samples and completely covered a VW bug once! Get some of your classmates brainstorm into an idea. Who knows, someone may want to buy it when you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment