Saturday, March 13, 2010

What type of paint can you use to paint a candle votive?

I'm sure there has to be a type of paint specifically for glass or something.


I need it because I'm wanting to make my own center pieces for my wedding, and I need the votives for my candles to be a different color. However, I feel sure I shouldn't use spray paint, seeing as how it's flammable. Any suggestions?What type of paint can you use to paint a candle votive?
The only paint that will work reliably on candles is Acrylic based paints (easy to find in Craft Stores). usually, no special preparation will be needed other than gently rubbing with a paper towel to remove scent oil on the surface. You can seal the paint using a clear acrylic coating.





Hope this helps!What type of paint can you use to paint a candle votive?
I would use a glass paint, youc an find them at Micheal's, hobby lobby, etc. I'm sure you can even find them online as well.





Check and see - walmart may even have some spray paints that are safe to use on glass. Once spray paint dries it is less flammable... (but get the professional opinion of a painter to be sure)

No comments:

Post a Comment