Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Painting the exterior mobile home. Can I paint the outside of a metal trailer with flat exterior paint?

I plan to use semi gloss on the shutters and a flat exterior on the house itself. Thanks.Painting the exterior mobile home. Can I paint the outside of a metal trailer with flat exterior paint?
I wouldn't use flat paint especially outside ,you need gloss because when it rains the water will just slide off the trailer. If you use flat it will absorb the water.Painting the exterior mobile home. Can I paint the outside of a metal trailer with flat exterior paint?
Just make sure you prime with a high adhesive primer. NO FLAT PAINT
I would prime first and use semi gloss on both surfaces, flat paint tends to get chalky after time
yes but you must make sure there is oxidized paint still on from the original paint (its the dusty film that rubs off when you touch it) if there is you need to wash the trailer with TSP(tri-sodium phosphate)you can get at any hardware store.
Well many year's ago i myself lived in a mobile home. So i will give you a tip.................Go and find some local Car spray garage's. Why?..........Well as a person who worked in the motor trade, I'll give you this tip.........Ask them if they have any paint that's been mixed to the wrong code. Then see what colour's are available and quantities. The you have a paint which is prepared for metal. Should protect and last for many years........Well, you eint going anyway near traffic at least............Hope this helps you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment