Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How do I remove paint previously painted on my bathroom tiles?

The bathroom was given a make over by the previous owners by painting the tiles. It has since started to wear and peel and I would like to remove it and repaint a clean, smooth surface.How do I remove paint previously painted on my bathroom tiles?
Wow! I can't imagine what it would take to remove all the old paint.....laquer thinner and more hours than I would care to give it. I'm not sure you could use paint remover without etching the tile below.





I'd try just removing the loose paint with a coarse steel wool, like a #2. The prime with an oil base primer. Let dry and paint with an oil paint. Let dry and then use a polyurethane over the top. Of course the tile can't get wet or else the paint will eventually pop back off again. Talk about quickly toweling off the shower everytime it's used!How do I remove paint previously painted on my bathroom tiles?
harbor freight has a spot blaster gun - if you have a small compressor you can use this very well in small rooms (6x8) use household salt too fill the gun , makes for easy cleanup and whats left over can be mopped up easy also.
Since you are planning on repainting, try a paint and varnish remover. Be sure to rinse thoroughly and let dry. That should give you a good surface to repaint.
  • lip chapstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment