Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What is the best paint to use when painting your own frames?

Hobby Lobby made our frames and said acrylic paint, but I'm still unsure. Should I spray, or paint with a brush? Should I use all the special finish chemicals on it?What is the best paint to use when painting your own frames?
Any one. All depent what do you want to do.


Best regards


Pablo HWhat is the best paint to use when painting your own frames?
Yes, use acrylic paint. You didn't say if they're metal or wood frames, so you may need a primer. Spray paint produces an even finish, no brush strokes, but use care, spray them while laying flat so you don't have any drips. Three light coats are better than one heavy coat, and let dry between applications. If you choose to use a sealer, make sure it's non-yellowing.
depends on what you want as a finished product


acrylic paint for two sanded coats then two light spray coats will get ya about anything that ya want
I use wooden frames and paint them with acrylic paints - the same exact paints I use to paint the painting. That way the paint matches both the frame and painting.


See link below of an example.


The frame is wood. The painting is also done on wood.


When I finished painting the frame I coated it with a glossy varnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment